Individual Health Insurance
Short term health insurance do not cover pre-existing conditions and they do not offer the minimum essential benefits of an Affordable Care Act (ACA, Obamacare) health plan such as maternity and mental health.
If you don’t qualify for a premium subsidy to help with the cost of Obamacare premiums, short term plans can offer you major medical coverage at a substantial savings. Additionally, if you are considering COBRA premiums, which are no longer paid in part by your former employer, short term plans are quite often an affordable option.
Our short term plans use broad provider networks, so you will likely be able to keep your doctor as well as receive discounted network rates.
A short term health insurance is the best alternative for you if:
- You have an employer who doesn’t provide benefits
- You missed the annual Open Enrollment Period for Obamacare/ACA plans
- You don’t qualify for a premium subsidy on HealthCare.gov (Obamacare/ACA)
- You are in between jobs and need temporary health insurance or a lower-priced alternative to COBRA
- You are retired but too young for Medicare
- You don’t have any significant pre-existing condition
For those that don’t qualify for a premium subsidy on healthcare.gov and are generally healthy with no significant pre-existing conditions, we have seen savings for a family of 4 of over $11,000 per year and up to $3000 for Individuals.
Call us today at 615-376-8899
or contact us using the form below and we’ll discuss if a one year medical plan is right for you.